Hop Pole Grove Street Heath Town Wolverhampton

Frontpage Forum Introduce yourself Hop Pole Grove Street Heath Town Wolverhampton

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Blixblox

Participant

Hi All

I am trying to find anything I can about the Hop pole Grove street Heath Town Wolverhampton. I have found a couple of references of my ancestors living at 74 Grove street and some references as the Hop Pole 74 Grove Street I do not know if they were licensee or tenant but they seemed to be there for a few years approx. 1893 to 1896 so would not have thought they were just living there

Has anyone got information of Grove street or the Hop Pole or suggestions of how I can find this info out I would appreciate the info. Thank you in advance Alison

Billy

Participant

Perhaps if we knew the names of your ancestors Alison It would be a great help.

Below the old cellar head.

Blixblox

Participant

Hi

Sorry forgot to add the names
      Richard Withers and Mary Ann Withers (Nee Jones)
      Daughter Polly’s birth states Grove Street and other sources state 74 Grove Street

Thank you

Billy

Participant

Sorry Alison can’t find any trace of the name Withers in the licensed trade. nor any mention of the Hop Pole. Suggest you call in or give the Wolverhampton Archives a bell their address is on the internet.
      Billy

RiJoJo

Participant

Hi there
      I have registered to answer Alison’s question.

If you go here and open (or download) the PDF you will find information about The Hop Pole on page 47.

Click to access HBCP%20Wednesfield%202.pdf

I hope this helps.
      cheers
      RJ

Blixblox

Participant

Thank you RJ

Billy

Participant

This what this forum is all about To help one and other to discover the past. Well done!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.