Perhaps a clue is needed here?
Greenaway playing fields, opened in June 1931, were given to the people of Bilston by Mr JL Greenway.
It was noted that the opening ceremony was performed by the president of the Staffordshire Playing Fields Association, the Earl of Dartmouth, the Hon Humphrey Legge, DSO, DL.
Son of the Gentleman pictured above.
On the 20th of June 1935 a similar ceremony went on in Wolverhampton when the Sir William Henry Fowler, Playing Fields were opened by the present Earls sister, Lady Joan Legge.
Perhaps “Fowlers Park” as its known today may bring the answer to the whereabouts of this former Public House closer to home.
Below the old cellar head.