Reply To: QUERY CORNER

Frontpage Forum People & Places of Wolverhampton QUERY CORNER Reply To: QUERY CORNER

#4968

Billy

Participant

Built specially in 1857 to become the final home of the Subscription Library,here in Waterloo Road and there it remained until the 1920’s. when the library became redundant.

This building was then acquired by the Services Memorial Club seen here as a club for the ex-servicemen, and finally in the 1960’s it was sold and demolished and became just one of many fine Victorian buildings lost to the the town in that decade.

United Sevices Club

Below the old cellar head.