The Ring Road – Phase one started in 1960. At the junction of Church Lane and Melbourne Street. on the Dudley Road.
It was 475yards in length and finished on Penn Road at the junction of Poole Street and Merridale Street, in 1961.
Main Casualties were the loss of St Pauls Church and Church Lane.
This was Arthur Arrowsmiths take on it in 1951 whent the scheme was accepted.
Below the old cellar head.