Marian Trainer on our Lost Wolverhampton Facebook Group recalls her memories of St Paul’s Church Penn Road.
Over the years we in Wolverhampton have lost such a wonderful legacy of old Victorian & Edwardian Buildings – St Paul’s was a fine example.This engraving shows St Paul’s Church Penn Road shortly after it was erected in 1835, at an expense of £7,000
Most of the money being found by Rev.W.Dalton, first incumbent.
He also built the vicarage next door at a cost of £2,000 and his wife presented the church with its organ.
St Paul’s was the first Free Church to be built in the town.
Below the old cellar head.