Reply To: "TIME GENTLEMEN PLEASE" Public Houses remembered

Frontpage Forum People & Places of Wolverhampton "TIME GENTLEMEN PLEASE" Public Houses remembered Reply To: "TIME GENTLEMEN PLEASE" Public Houses remembered

#5661

Billy

Participant

THE NEW HOTEL

In the 1820’s The New Hotel was built on the corner of Johns Lane and Cock Street to cater for the ever increasing Coach Trade at that time with the opening of Telfords new cutting through the Rock at Tettenhall.

It is seen above some 140 years later.

Below the old cellar head.