A Trunk Calling

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Billy 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Billy

Participant

For my good friend John Favill in Winsconsin.Regarding a grand Wulfrunian John Lewis, who put his case over well in more ways than one seen here.

JOHN LEWIS TRUNKS

JOHN LEWIS 2

Below the old cellar head.

Wijohn

Participant

Billy,

“A Trunk Calling” came as a complete surprise and as my attention was drawn to it while I was trying to complete a Loooooooong essay regarding your Sunbeam photograph at the time. The coincidence, if you believe in such things, was complete.

In recent weeks my 97 young cousin Doug Lewis( his grandfather and my grandfather were John Lewis’s brother) with the aid of his daughter and son has completed his family history as he came to the US with his father when he was four years of age. His mother was expecting a baby at the time so couldn’t come with them.  I will contact him and send him details of how to have a look at “A Trunk Calling” on Lost Wolverhampton rather than copy it and send him a copy.          I have a copy of his family history but I will ask if I can send you copies of photographs included  of the steel trunks that emigrated with Doug’s parents.

Thank you.     John

Billy

Participant

Hello John Glad you liked that its from one of the many handbooks I have.
    I also have been sent more info and pictures regarding the Sunbeam featured on Wolverhampton Works memories I shall post them over the weekend Please check it out.

Below the old cellar head.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.