"Get Some In"

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Billy

Participant

My first attempt to place photo on the new forum .

dad uniform

Below the old cellar head.

Billy

Participant

Guardsman- Howe W. 22955921, The Queens Company, 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards, 1958

Billy

Participant

These pictures I hope will stir some memories for Bob, and perhaps might encourage others with stories of the various boys and girls clubs and institutes that were to numerous to mention in the Wolverhampton of the past

Bobs 1

File1171

RobertRobert

Participant

Billy

I’m sorry to have missed this post, perhaps it arrived when I was in hospital.

Funnily enough I have read it from top to bottom but I must admit I don’t ever remember the article, in fact there is very little I remember ¬†from my sea cadet days after all we are talking of something that happened some 60 odd years ago. Very interesting though. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Bob.

Brother Phillip and self 1937.

Billy

Participant

Rememberance day 1951

This is me Bob Hanley, aged 14 ,on a Remembrance Parade at the West Park in 1951

RobertRobert

Participant

In the old days the cap ribbon would read ” Sea cadet corps ” nowadays it reads T.S> Newfoundland. The T.S. standing for Training Ship.

Brother Phillip and self 1937.

Billy

Participant

1949 headline

With it being topical subject at this time of the year. I thought I would post this small snapshot of a patriotic, local man who as you can see made the headlines in the E&S in 1949.I wonder if any out there recalls this proud Wulfrunian Postman.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.