Hello Everyone

Frontpage Forum Introduce yourself Hello Everyone

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Billy 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Jenny
    Jenny

Participant

I was born and raised in Wolverhampton on the Walsall Street Estate, I went to Eastfield School infant,junior,senior. I’m 62 years old, married to Tony H who as also joined this site. I have a very dry sense of humour so if i ever offend anyone ( which would never be my intention to) please tell me off. Thank you for allowing me to join this site, it looks fantastic.

Not every flower can say love, but a rose can. Not every plant survives thirst, but a cactus can. Not every vegetable can read, but look at you having a go. 😉

Billy

Participant

Hello Jenny, Welcome. When you say Walsall Street Estate I take it you are talking about Duke Street, York Street etc..

I recall the area well, just check out my stories “Specks on a Dusty Road”.

Below the old cellar head.

Jenny
    Jenny

Participant

Hello Billy thanks for the welcome, yes i was born on the Walsall Street Est, we lived in Commercial Road, then moved up to Oxford Street. Did you live on that estate ???

Not every flower can say love, but a rose can. Not every plant survives thirst, but a cactus can. Not every vegetable can read, but look at you having a go. 😉

Billy

Participant

Hello Jenny I never lived on that estate, But both my fathers family the Howes and my mothers family the Worralls lived for many generations in the area. (See some of my stories)

William Howe pigot
    My great great grandfather William Howe as you was a spectacle and tobacco box maker as shown here in a directory from 1835.

Below the old cellar head.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.