Hi Everyone

Frontpage Forum Introduce yourself Hi Everyone

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Billy 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

dontheturner
    dontheturner

Participant

I was born in Walsall in 1930, and lived my school years, in Wolverhampton Road – my love of trolley buses, dates from birth! – so quiet, and comfortable – and cheap! my love of Wolves, dates also from that time, and my first job, was in Broad Street – at the BCN Top Lock, where I trained as a Toll Keeper.

My father was a Watchmaker, in business in Walsall whilst Mother was a Printer – Letterpress, and worked for the Walsall Observer newspaper.

My earliest and fondest memory- of my time, working in Wolverhampton was enjoying a roast dinner, at the Dining room, just in Piper’s Row!

Billy

Participant

Hello Don Welcome to the forum 1930! you have a good chance of being our oldest active member .
    Being born close by to Littles Lane in 1937 I spent many happy hours sitting on the air-raid shelters alongside the old Victoria Basin in the 1940’s

You must have many stories you could tell us about the Boatees that pursued their livleyhood at that time around Broad Street and Horseley Fields.
    So please now you have me hooked dont end it here.

TOP LOCK OIL

Below the old cellar head.

Billy

Participant

Hi Don I have placed your most interesting post on our Forum / People and Places of Wolverhampton / Memories of a Wolverhampton childhood, and also on our facebook Group Lost Wolverhampton.
    I would like to see this thread run and run.

Below the old cellar head.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.