I am Doreen Heather Graham (Nee Cochran)

Frontpage Forum Introduce yourself I am Doreen Heather Graham (Nee Cochran)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Billy 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Doeen Heather

Participant

I live in Worthing West Sussex, I used to nurse at the Eye infirmary, with a relative  of Bill Howe,  Yvonne  who lives in Australia.

I have recently bought a book about Coven and Coven Heath. I lived for a time at ‘Old Heath House, Coven Heath  on the Stafford Road, near what was the Golden Ball, (Is it still there?)  I’d love to hear from anyone who remembers me.

Regards, Doreen Heather. (I go by my middle name of Heather)

Billy

Participant

Hello Doreen.
    Lovely to hear from you although I feel we have been in touch before.

I did know some of my fathers cousins emigrated to Australia as did my sister in the 1960’s But I never met them.
    I always had a fondness though for The Golden Ball and visited it many times in the 50’s with mom and dad and if you check out my story (Specks on a Dusty Road part one) on the Howl. You will see the reason why.
    I will place your message on our Facebook Group ( Lost Wolverhampton) so it will get more local attention.
    There are a lot of Wulfrunians who recall the Eye Infirmary both in Chapel Ash and New Cross a wonderful institution whom Roy Stallard our local medical Historian keeps the memories of it alive with his varied talks and shows.

Please keep in touch and certainly check out the Facebook group .

Here is a picture of the Ball at Coven, in the early Days – Today the Ball has gone and the site at Coven forms part of the junction of the M.54 motorway as it meets the Stafford Road.

Golden Ball

Below the old cellar head.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.