Introducing myself

Frontpage Forum Introduce yourself Introducing myself

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Billy 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Jthixton

Participant

My name is John Thixton, I was born in 1932 in Low Hill, Wolverhampton. Family moved to 16 Copes Crescent, Fallings Park and later to 79 Upper Villiers St., suburb was Blakenhall I think. Went to Oldfallings Junior school till 1942 then St Chads College 1942 to 1948 when my parents decided to emigrate to Southern Africa. Moved on from there to Australia in 1974 & been here ever since. However I do spend most summers in the south of France. Have been back to Woverhampton on visits twice and actually got to watch a Wolves match in London on a visit to London in the eighties. They were in the 1st division then of course. Have to confess one of the 1st things I do on Sunday morning is check the BBC Sport website to see how Wolves did – once a fan, always a fan!

Billy

Participant

Welcome on board John, No wonder you look so well on your photograph.

You have lived in Wolverhampton at its best the 40’s Seen and enjoyed the climate of Southern Africa, Spent a lifetime in the sunshine of Australia, and of course the icing on the cake Summers in the South of France.

I suppose the only downside is you have had to endure from afar the ups and downs of The Wolves.

Let me know if you ever dare visit us here again I will take you to the Molineux and show you our new Museum of Football.

Below the old cellar head.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.