Introducing myself

Frontpage Forum Introduce yourself Introducing myself

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tonydavies 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Maxine clarke 86

Participant

hello, my name is maxine I’m hoping I can get some help from people on searching my family history I’ve gone quite far back with my grandmother Brenda morgan maiden name crump but I cannot find any info on my grandfathers their names are ernest morgan born 12 April 1942 and all I know of my other grandfather is his name eric lees any info from anyone would be great thank you 

Billy

Participant

Hello Maxine.

I myself cannot see how anyone apart from your immediate family can help with this, as you have such mentioned little detail .

You will have to get names and dates from living relatives, after which you can visit the appropriate archives in your home town.

Billy

Below the old cellar head.

oldwulf
    oldwulf

Participant

You need to be able to get details back to before 1911, so you can access online census records back to 1841. If you know where your grandfather’s were born you can buy copies of their birth certificates which will give details of their Father and Mother, you will then be able to estimate the marriage date of that couple and by getting their marriage certificates and birth certificates will be able to trace back another generation. Certificates cost around £10 each if you get them from the local records offices where they were born. If you have to apply to the General Register office they will cost more.

tonydavies

Participant

Hello Maxine.

I’ve done a little digging and have come up with the following courtesy of http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Ernest’s parents were Grace A Whittingham and John A Morgan who married in the last quarter of 1938 in Wolverhampton. It looks as though Ernest had four sisters –

Joan, born 1939, Catherine, born 1940, Maureen, born 1944, and Valerie born 1947

If you need any more help just leave a message here for me

Tony

tonydavies

Participant

Forgot to add –

Regarding Eric Lees, I would need to know his place of birth to come up with information for him. If you could find out anything about his wife, ie names, that would also help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.