Moseley Old Hall Coffee House

Frontpage Forum News & Events Moseley Old Hall Coffee House

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Moddy Moddy 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Moddy
    Moddy

Participant

Can I put a shameless plug out for the fifth and final Coffee House event we are doing at Moseley, on Monday 29th June.

We represent Marson’s Coffee House in Wolverhampton, based on the entries in his diary of Mr Whitgreave of Moseley in the 1680s and research done by volunteers who are taking part.

A guest can try some (free) 17thC century coffee of a blend in use at the time, can discuss buying some shares in a very interesting venture in the Colonies and / or try their luck and skill at Strasse, 9 mens morris or Fox and Geese. (so far I have lost many many more games than I have won, luckily Mistress Marson does not allow gambling in her establishment so only tokens are used).

You may hear news from London, this being February 1685 or the Barber Surgeon may be present!

Entrance to this event is included in the normal entrance fees and we will start about 11:30.

I hope this is OK

Cheers

Chris

Progress is not a process of change but retention. Those who forget the mistakes of the past are destined to repeat them

Billy

Participant

History and Heritage on our doorstep is Moseley Old Hall

Below the old cellar head.

Billy

Participant

History and Heritage on our doorstep – Moseley Old Hall

Below the old cellar head.

Moddy
    Moddy

Participant

Thanks Billy 🙂

Progress is not a process of change but retention. Those who forget the mistakes of the past are destined to repeat them

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.