My favourite Painting

Frontpage Forum People & Places of Wolverhampton My favourite Painting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Billy 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Billy

Participant

Turners High Green

Winsconsin John ie: John Favill posted a comment on the Howl regarding his favourite artist .

As well I as John also claim J.M.W. Turner as my favourite, although I take great pleasure in viewing the works of our local artists  including our long time  member Emmie Benbow.

Whats the current project Emmie.

Below the old cellar head.

Billy

Participant

As I said before J.M.W.Turner is my all time favourite artist and I have many old engravings of his work, unfortunately most of them depicting scenes abroad.

I also have many old engravings of other artists

This engraving of a painting by Sir William Quiller Orchardson is a particular favourite of mine.

It shows Napoleon on board HMS Bellerophon bound for St Helena, where he remained in exile until his death in 1821. The deposed Emperor stands on the deck, isolated from the group of officers on the left, who watch him with curiosity as he looks out to sea, contemplating his fate.

NAPOLEON

Billy

Participant

I mentioned previously I have a great fondness for our local artists here in Wolverhampton. The one that say’s every thing for me, is this evocative print of Prince Albert in Queen Square by Emmie Benbow. Which was given to me by the artist herself.

EMMIES JOB 2

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.