Posting pictures

Frontpage Forum Off Topic Posting pictures

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Robert Robert 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Robert
    Robert

Participant

It seems that only Billy has mastered the art of posting pictures, surely there is an easier way of doing it Daniel, I’m getting fed up of trying and failing. Can’t we  go back to the old method?

Bob

Brother Phillip and self 1937.

georgenabbs

Participant

Bob, I spoke to Bill last Saturday, he tells me he has no problems loading photographs. I should be so lucky, I’m with you, I couldn’t agree more. I have just spent two hours trying to download  photographs that are essential to the story. No photograph, no story. I can’t even get into flickr. Congratulations Bob on only being fed up. Fed up is a very polite way of describing my feelings. I’m just walking away before the laptop goes through the window.

Robert
    Robert

Participant

I could have sworn I posted  a post here yesterday, could someone tell me what happened to it please or are they being censored?

Robert.

Daniel

Keymaster

Basically Bob the old method involves uploading pics to our website hosting, and pics are (relatively) big – file-size wise, and every-time someone views a pic on the site it uses up some of our website bandwidth. Our bandwidth is finite and basically is what you pay for to host the website, so it costs us money basically to have the uploading ability.

We don’t earn any money from the site, we do have the sponsor us button which I think about 3 people have donated to us in the past. And yes we have links to our sponsors, but truthfully, I think Billy has received a small payment from two of these (about enough to run the site for 4 months in it’s current state – so no great treasure I assure you! ), the rest are just links to other sites I have produced.

Basically it costs a lot more to have the pictures uploaded to us. If you have specific problems regarding uploading pictures via Flickr and any other picture hosting sites, I’d be happy to try to help. I have made a couple of how to videos on how to do it also, so please take a look at those first. Here’s the link…

How To Add Pictures To Your Forum Posts

Billy

Participant

Palace hotel 1925

Bob this a wonderful picture I just had to place it for you Where exactly was the Palace.

Below the old cellar head.

Robert
    Robert

Participant

Thank you for the explanation Daniel, I was beginning to think I was the only person logging in to this forum.

Billy, the Palace hotel used to be in Birkdale,Southport and had quite a history being supposedly haunted. It was demolished many years ago.

Thank you for posting the picture’

Bob

Billy

Participant

Bob I can’t understand why you never mentioned anything about a small peice I posted sometime ago on People and places – “Get Some in” I would have thought it may have brought back some memories for you.

Below the old cellar head.

Robert
    Robert

Participant

Early trolleybus Broad St

Robert
    Robert

Participant

Just testing folks, I’m determined to crack this posting pictures issue.

Robert
    Robert

Participant

Another test folks with a picture of Snowhill during the building of the ring road, well worth a look  at to see what you can remember of the old Wolverhampton.

<a href=”https://www.flickr.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.