The old "Ticker"

Frontpage Forum Off Topic The old "Ticker"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Billy 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Robert
    Robert

Participant

Hi folks, sorry to be a pain again but the old ticker has let me down again. On the 22nd August I had a repeat heart attack and was rushed to Newcross hospital ,Wolverhampton. There was no messing about this time, straight in this time for a quick Angigramme,5 stents into the old engine, a week recuperating and back home to get over it”YOU Can’t get rid of me yet”

Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th September an event was held at Bantock park as regards to the connection of Wolverhampton and Bletchley park during the wartime.I was sorry to miss this because some of it was about my father, hope oof you managed to make it!

Keep your peckers up,

Bob.

Brother Phillip and self 1937.

Billy

Participant

Sorry to here about your illness Bob, But thank God they got you there in time.

Yoy  must be costing the N.H.S a small fortune But I reckon its money well spent

Things have been very quiet here of late , George is obviously away again and I reckon both Emmie and Shirley have left us for  Facebook. It appears there’s more scope for the younger

generation on that site.

But never mind we still have John F in Winsconsin and I hope you yourself when you get back on your feet.

So keep taking the tablets and lets here from you again soon.

best wishes Billy

Below the old cellar head.

georgenabbs

Participant

Hallo Bill,
    No, I’m not on my travels. Wish I were. I’m stranded here in the Temple of Obesity, of Builders Backsides and Distressed Denim. Otherwise known as Kidderminster, though I am referring to the weaker sex in my comment. Sorry to hear about Bob but he seems to have had superlative service, they don’t seem have hung about with his treatment. I’m sure we all hope things keep moving in the right direction. Talking of Heart Attacks, what’s happened to the Wild Colonial Boy, the one who promised us a drink when next back in the Motherland. Great place New Cross, I was born there back in 1940. Trying for a Blue Plaque but not hopeful. One of the best things said about me was from my Doctor, who remarked “I like to see you here. I know there’ll be something wrong with you.” I’m afraid that was a few years ago, I now have a season ticket and on first name terms with the receptionist. One reason for my lack of contributions is very rarely coming to Wolverhampton there is little to jog my memory, to say I must make a comment about this or that on the Forum, although I play Golf with a lady who was assistant Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages for many years and spent her school days at Wolverhampton Girls Grammar in Tettenhall. I have a small story on the go which requires some photographs to accompany it. Alas Daniels attempt to get me onto Flickr have been in vain. Daniel, 23 minutes is not a short video, when you’ve passed your three score years and ten anything extra is a bonus not to be spent on instructional videos. Give me a few days and I’ll regale you with a story from Springfields in the 40’s.

Billy

Participant

Good to know you are still out and about George. Keep trying with Flickr, and I am looking forward to your story on Springfields

Below the old cellar head.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.