Wolverhampton Works Memories

Frontpage Forum People & Places of Wolverhampton Wolverhampton Works Memories

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Billy 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Billy

Participant

Billy just a quick one or you`ll get fed up of me sending emails.
    Photo taken in the Sunbeam works 1903/4 of W Hopwood building the first 16/20 car.
    colour photo, me! rebuilding the only known one of this model left. This is an ongoing job which will take quite a while
    as I only work on it when work is slack (still working at 71 and I love it) but for the last few months we have been flat out
    so not a lot has been done since sept. I`m hoping to get a snap the same as the original ( if I can borrow a flat cap!)
    Malc.

Sunbeam works,Wolverhampton.1903.First  16/20 model. W.Hopwood building car.

photo 1

Below the old cellar head.

Billy

Participant

The above post was sent to me via our newsletter, by Malcolm Smith ,(Proud Wulfrunian of 70 yrs standing, now exiled in cornwall.)

He recalls also visiting the Wholesale market in the 1950’s, with his Grandmother Mrs Dalton who owned a Greengrocers No. 19 Horseley Fields close to the top of Corn Hill.pictured here.
    I am looking forward to more memories of Lost Wolverhampton from Malcolm in the future.

nans shop 19 horsley fields wolverhampton

georgenabbs

Participant

Bill, please assure the gentleman we shall not get fed up with his e-mails. He hasn’t even told us where he used to live yet.

Billy

Participant

George this was Malcolm Smith’s original contact message we received via a story posted on the newsletter .

So I  have posted these e-mails from Malcolm on the forum for him and I am hoping he will join for he has some most interesting stories to tell.

From Malcolm.

Blimey! What memories in those photo`s, especially North st.The times I went past there upstairs on the trolley bus, usually after school (Elston Hall then Wobaston) on my way to my grans in Horseley Fields, and on my own,a lot less traffic then, but  buses everywhere, quite safe for a lad of 9 or 10 to be on his own.

Yours, Malcolm Smith.(Proud Wulfrunian of 70 yrs standing,now exiled in cornwall.)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.